20.04.2008

Beaded Bead

Materials
White and yellow seed beads 10/0
Green beads 6 mm
Nylon fish string 0,25 mm

Cut 1 m of nylon fish string, string 5 white beads to the center of the string, join them into a circle (photo1), then work around this circle.

The main rule – string a new group of beads always on the string from the right side, the string from the left side goes first to beads from the previous round (to which one you can see on the photos) and then to the last bead from a new group.

I will use such abbreviation in my description: w - for white beads, G - for green beads
(…) x 3 times - means repeat steps in brackets 3 times

First round:
1 step: G w G w G (photo 2 and 3)
2 step: (w G w G) x 3 times (photo 4 and 5)
Last (join) step: w G w (photo 6 and 7)
Second round:
1 step: 3w (photo 8 and 9)
(2 step: G w G w; 3 step: 2w) x 4 times (photo 10, 11 and 12)
Last step: G w G (photo 13)

Third round:
1 step: w G w (photo 14)
(2 step: 3w; 3 step: G w) x 4 times (photo 15 and 16)
Last step: 2w (photo 17 and 18)
You can put a big bead in the middle of your beaded bead (but it’s not necessary)

Top
1 step: G w G (photo 19)
(2 step: w G) x 3 times (photo 20)
3 step: w (photo 21)


Join 5 white beads on the top with the string (photo 22). I drew it on the photo by the green line.
Add 1 yellow bead to the every circle with white beads (photo 23 and 24). You can leave the top and the bottom of your beaded bead without yellow beads and add to this place a loop and fringes.
P.S. When I was downloading my photos to the groups according to the rounds I put the last step description from the second round (with its photo 13) to the beginning of the third round. I corrected the description now but left the photo 13 in the “third round group”. Sorry for inconvenience, but for moving only one this photo I would have to re-download all other photos :-(
Please, let me know if you find more mistakes or misprints :-) I will correct them

Kommentare:

  1. Thank you, thank you, for this wonderful tutorial. You have done a fine job and I look forward to trying it. Again, thank you.
    Jackie/Beadingram

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Danke sehr für das schema! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Jackie, Viktoria, Bori, thank you all for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments

    Tyto, gern geschehen :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hallo Natalie

    Vielen Dank für die ausführliche Anleitung!

    Liebe Grüße Silvia

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. beautiful...thank you for the tutorial...I know I'll have to try this one!!!

    I see you are a turtle lover too...some of my beaded turtles are at the bottom of my blogspot page...most hang on the Christmas Tree at Christmas...

    thank you again!
    jena

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Just found this tutorial. It's adorable. Thanks for sharing it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Thanks for this tutorial, I can't wait to try oneof these cute beads !

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. I have been trying to make a beaded bead for a long time, and never managed until now. You are a very good teacher (and generous, too). I am very happy to have found your blog. Thank you very, very much!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Thank you for tutorial! I love it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Muchisimas gracias por el tutorial, es una maravilla de bola.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Your tutorial is an awesome inspiration! Many thanks for sharing. I would like to feature your designs at http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

    Contact me here if you have a concern.

    Jane
    http://diylessons.org/

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Jane, thank you, I do not have any concern

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Could you please tell me what the finished size of this beautiful beaded bead is AND what size of the wooden bead to use? Thank you.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. This beaded bead is 2,5 cm diametеr, the size of the wooden bead I do not remember, I took it from a box with different beads. Any bead is ok to fill the space inside. You can also take a piece of felt, of to make your own bead with Fimo

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. thank you for this wonderful detail on this beaded bead I have been trying to find a written instruction for it for weeks

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Thank you for this beautiful tutorial!

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Bardzo dziękuję za podanie wzoru na zrobienie kulek z koralików.Akurat robię ozdoby Świąteczne do przedszkola i długo szukałam takiego wzoru.Przepięknie wykonane.Pozdrawiam.

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Coś pięknego jeśli chodzi o zawieszkę np.na gałązki albo choinkę.

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. What a great tutorial! Thank you so much. I have several ideas how I will use this beaded bead. Thanks!

    AntwortenLöschen